How to use Yandex Go taxi in Tashkent (with pictures) Uzbekistan Travel Tips (2021)
Last Update: 8 September 2022
Update: Yandex Taxi has changed the app name to Yandex Go - taxi and delivery, but the app still works as described in this post.
Yandex Taxi is an on-demand car service like Uber that allows you to hail a cab from your mobile app. The software finds a driver near you and displays the available options to choose from. Each option displays a price and the cars available at that price. Currently, the service in Tashkent is cash only. Also, unlike most cab services in Uzbekistan, Yandex cabs are reserved just for you and the driver will not pick up other passengers along the way. On this page, you will learn (with pictures) how to use the Yandex cab app in Tashkent. In this example, our staff used Yandex Taxi from Tashkent city to Tashkent International Airport in August 2019.
Note: We recommend that you register your phone number in your home country before arriving in Uzbekistan, as it is necessary to register your phone number in order to use the mobile application. Once registered, you will be able to order a cab upon arrival in Tashkent without requiring a phone number.
1. Download "Yandex Taxi" from the Google Store or App Store; search for "Yandex Taxi" and it will appear at the top of the search results.
2. When you open the application for the first time, you will be asked for location permission, so please enable it so that you can access the device's location information.
3. If you have allowed access to location information, your current location will be displayed on the map. At the top of the screen is a search area for input. In this example, a search for "Tashkent International Airport" will show suggestions in the selection list.
4. Once you select a destination, you will see details about your current location, the address of your destination, the distance to your destination, and the available car options. In this case, we selected the cheapest "Start" option.
5. After selecting an option, a list of car models is displayed. In this case, the "Starter" cars include the Daewoo Matiz, Daewoo Nexia, and Chevrolet Spark. In Tashkent, it is recommended that you take the cheapest cab, as most cabs offer comparable services. However, if you prefer a luxury vehicle, you can order a more expensive vehicle.
6. After ordering, you wait for someone to pick it up. Many drivers use this application because it is convenient for them and usually does not take much time. After a few minutes, someone will pick up your order and drive to your current location, and all you have to do is wait there. The driver's estimated time of arrival, car details, and license plate number are also displayed. In our case, a gray Daewoo Matiz picked our order.
7. In 4 minutes the driver has arrived.
8. Once you get into the cab, the driver will drive you to your destination. The remaining estimated time and route to the destination can be checked from the application.
9. Our staff arrived at Tashkent International Airport in 20 minutes and paid the 19,500 Uzbek sum indicated on the application form.
10. You can review the driver and your ride.